You have got your consumer complaint drafted from the advocate and now you are set to file it in the district court/consumer forum this must be easy? Well, not exactly there is a complete set of guidelines and steps to be followed to ensure that your consumer complaint is registered and is heard by the court. In this article, you will find all the details and steps to help you with filing your legal complaint.
The following table describes the forum to be approached depending upon your claim amount. The Court fee required to be paid by the complainant in court to get the proceedings started.
The total value of goods or services and the compensation claimed Fee Payable.
(2) Up to one lakh Rupees For complaints other than Antyodaya Anna Yojana Cardholders Rs. 100
(3) Above one lakh and up to five lakh Rupees Rs. 200
(4) Above five lakh and up to ten lakh Rupees Rs. 300
(5) Above ten lakh and up to twenty lakh Rupees Rs. 400
(6) Above twenty lakh and up to fifty lakh Rupees Rs 2000
(7) Above fifty lakh and up to one crore Rupees Rs.4000
(8) Above one crore rupees
Required formalities to fulfill before approaching consumer forum.
1. Consumer Complaints should be printed on Legal Size Paper.
2. You have to carry at least 5 copies depending on the court norms.
3. Postage stamps should be an affix of Rs. 100/- to 120/-.
Steps to be followed to file Your complaint.
1. You shall have to enter the date and place on the left side of the complaint. The date should be the date of filing of complaint i.e. on the day you are filing a complaint in the consumer court.
2. You have to sign just above the COMPLAINANT/DEPONENT which are written in "Bold" letters along with your name.
3. You should attach documents in the order which is mentioned in annexure (Do not attach any other document other than the list of documents).
4. You shall have to fill your personal details in the affidavit, which is also part of the Complaint. For personal details, blank space has been left in the affidavit and in the verification part, you shall fill the date of filing. This affidavit shall have to be attested by an oath commissioner who would be seated in court premises. You need to attest to the signatures on the affidavit.
The complainant should attach his/her self-attested I.D. proof i.e.Aadhar Card.
That will be all to complete the complaint.
We wish that your consumer complaint is heard and acted upon promptly. For more info visit- www.consumersathi.com